Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Feet

It's been two weeks and three days since my self-imposed hiatus from running. The good weather we've been having has been making me want to run, but thus far I've been able to resist the urge. As I'll dutifully break orders this Saturday and run much farther than 3 miles (we have the Bayou City Classic 10k ... that's 6.2 miles for those of you that use the units of measure God intended), I figure I should just rest the foot up until the big day. I must admit the foot is not completely void of sensations in the heel; sometimes there some "twinges". Hopefully this is just the continuation of the healing process and not the sign of a pending relapse once running starts up again. I suppose after this Saturday's run, I will start to slowly add some short runs back in.

In "Where do they run at over there" news, it looks like I may get to go to Qatar for work next month. In case you don't know, Qatar is kind of, well, Saudi Arabia's teet; it kind of hangs off the side into the Persian Gulf. Note to self, don't call the country "a teet hanging into the gulf" while over there. I'm still not quite sure why I need to go, so I'm not yet convinced it will happen, but I've been told to plan on going. Oh boy, is my mother ever going to freak when she finds out about that trip!

The run this Saturday is our yearly centipede run; we dress up, act a fool, and get accolades tossed upon us! The theme, "Juiced", is a play on steroids in sports, particularly baseball. It's timely, controversial, and given that Roger Clemens lives in Houston, just a bit tasteless; all the things you shoot for with a centipede, so hopefully we'll be the five-time corporate champions come Saturday! Here's some pictures from year's past:


2004 - The Lucky Charms

2005 - The Running of the Bulls to Market; Eat Mor Chikin

2006 - Dick Cheney's Hunting Party

2007 - Beer Run

No comments: