Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ill Effects of Austin

Here's one of my pictures from Austin, clearly, it was a hard run:


I started cramping at mile 20. I grew boobs at mile 22.

The good people of the Austin Marathon and Half Marathon made the bizarre decision to reuse numbers between the two races, with the minor exception of half-marathoners having an "H" in front of their number. Apparently the program that assigns pictures to people didn't know about the "H", so I was assigned all this fine ladies pictures. Congrats to her! Here's my actual picture, from quite a bit earlier in the day:



H3039. Don't forget the damn H!

Despite the apparent ill effects of the Austin Half, I've been toying around with the idea of doing another half in Austin; the Austin Half IronMan. GASP! Well, it's a bit early for such things, but I happened to see an ad for it in one of the 24 HR Fitness magazines, and was proud to see it is in October; far enough away to train, and late enough in the year to maaaaybe not be too hot. It would be 1.2 miles swimming, 56 miles biking, and 13.1 miles running. 1:15 time limit for the swim, 4:15 for the bike, and then 2:30 for the run; total time limit of 8 hours. Maybe next time I race in Austin, I won't grow boobs!

No comments: