Thursday, May 1, 2008

Headed to Indy

Quick post, as it is traditional that predict what will happen at a race.

First off, the six mile run from Tuesday went pretty stellar. It was cold (49 degrees), but Melissa did an excellent job of rabbiting me around Memorial to 56 minutes or 9:20 min/mile pace. The ankle hurt afterwards, but it is still clear that it's healing, if only oh so slowly.

For Indy, the weather is slated to blow. Rain, thunderstorms specifically; if it is bad as predicted, I suspect the event will be rained out. Folks might snicker at the idea, but there's no way the race would allow the runners and volunteers on the course in the face of sure thunderstorms, as their liability for any injuries would pretty much be limitless. Assuming it doesn't rain tooo bad (I have little rain running experience, so I wouldn't know what to expect), my goal is to keep my time under 2:15, with anything under 2:10 being very good. The weather should be around 60 degrees, so fairly close to what most people believe to be optimal.

Hopefully things go well. Have a great weekend!

No comments: